Thursday, January 31, 2013

You wanna see something really scary?

I started messing around with make-up for my Megacon Cyberpunk Cosplay. 

It's kinda creepy. I dig it.

I got some serious deals yesterday on some potential cosplay stuff from a local Lingerie Shop that is going out of business. Naturally that spurred a whole round of dress-up last night, and more shopping this morning. Which is good, because Megacon is only a month and a half away. My Rose (Doctor Who - Stolen Earth episode) clothing is pretty much squared away, but I still need to build the gun. The basic components of my Cyberpunk outfit is together, but I also still need to build my hand-cannon and a headpiece. But thanks to a quick trip to Michael's and Lowe's, I'm finally ready to start those projects.

Conversation with gentleman at Lowe's: 
Me: Could you tell me where the PVC pipes are?
Him: Sure, I'll walk you there. What size do you need?
Me: I have to be able to fit my hand inside it.
Him: Oh, so pretty big then.
Me: Yeah.
Him: Uh, wait I don't mean to say you have big hands or nuthin.
Me: No, it's ok, I actually do. haha I'm building a gun, so my hand has to fit inside it.
Him: A GUN?! Really?!
Me: Oh, it doesn't have to work or anything, it's for a costume.
Him: Oh. It sounds more like a hand-held cannon.
Me: You know what? That's exactly what it'll be! Thanks!

************
Day 10 - By the way, I am having stress dreams about eating non-Whole30 compliant foods. Last night I dreamt that we had a box of Fruity Pebbles in the kitchen (WTF?! We never ate those even when we DID eat crap cereals) and I grabbed a handful and shoved them in my mouth. As I start chewing I remember that I am on the Whole30 and I spit it out into the garbage can. I...I just don't know what to think about that.

Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole, bacon, banana and coffee.

Lunch: Another Paleo Chicken Burrito from the other day and a half serving of Paleo Shepard's Pie left over from last night, plus three strawberries and a cutie. I know that sounds like a lot, but both Dave and I felt like I made the Chicken Burrito servings way too small, and it was the last one, so I supplemented with Holden's leftovers.

Pre-WOD snack: Almonds

Crossfit: Another good one last night. For a pre-WOD, we did max reps on dead-hang pull-ups. I used the green band as usual and could only do four. Kinda patheti-sad, but the best I could do. The Main WOD was five rounds of ten deadlifts at 60% your one rep max (which works out to be 120lb in my case) followed by four bar-facing burpees and then  one rope climb, or in my case, three rope pulls. I'm practicing a few minutes almost everyday on the damn rope. I can get off the ground and hold it, but as soon as I go for the first real climb I can't get my feet locked properly and I lose it. One of these days it'll click, I know it.

Dinner: I threw some chicken thighs in the crockpot with a little coconut oil/cumin/onion & garlic powder when I left for work in the morning. Dave was home first and sauteed up some zucchini to go with it. Good stuff!

In closing...did you catch up on New Girl yet? End of last episode: TOTAL ladyboner!

No comments:

Post a Comment