Thursday, January 24, 2013

I may have picked the wrong month to quit drinking.

Really feeling the old "be careful what you wish for" cliche' at work. I really don't want to go into it here, but some added responsibility that I have been asking for, for years looks like it is heading my way. And now I feel like the dog that finally caught the car. Now what do I do? It's an oddly scary oh-crap-I'm-nowhere-near-as-intelligent-as-I-thought-I-was, mixed with happy-dance-I-totally-got-this.

But no worries. Because, ultimately? I know I've totally got this.

But that doesn't mean I can't have a little freak out about it and go looking for my IT guy/Sounding Board to have a little venting session, but then when I go looking for him he is MIA as usual, so I have to come back to my desk sans vent, but then realize it is way past lunch and I should probably eat and that's probably why I'm stressing a bit and...

(breathe)

Yeah, so Day Three:
Breakfast: More bacon, eggs, a banana and black coffee. 'Cause that's how I roll every weekday morning.

Lunch: Salad with oil and vinegar, and chicken. Grapes and baby carrots.

Crossfit: Both Dave and I, instead of doing today's regularly scheduled WOD, did  Rankel (a Hero WOD named for U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant John Rankel) as a benchmark for our Paleo Challenge. I think I may have sub-conciously sandbagged with my choice of weights...or maybe not because my right triceps is sore as hell today.
     Rankel
     20 minute AMRAP
     6 - RX 155# Deadlift, (I did #115)
     7 - Burpee Pullups
     10 - Kettlebell Swings Rx 35# (I used the 25#)
     Run 200 meters

I ended up doing 5 full rounds and got in 4 more deadlifts before time ran out. At the end of the 2 month Paleo Challenge we'll do it again and see if our time/weights improve.

Post-workout Snack - Handful of raw almonds.

Dinner - I made Caribbean Plantain and Meat Casserole courtesy of Baltic Maid, but via this link by Holly at Holly Would if She Could. (credit where credit is due and all that) I don't think my plantains were at the right level of ripeness, as their texture and taste wasn't quite what I've had in the past. But it was still quite good...and I'm hopeful will be even better if some of my puertorriquenos can give me a hand and offer to buy me a clue. Liza?!? Gari?

Till tomorrow...don't blink!

No comments:

Post a Comment