Tuesday, January 29, 2013

And the train keeps a rolling...

Day 8 complete and we're mid-way through #9 as I type. My first big you-know-you're-on-the-Whole30 happened today at lunch. After my leftovers from last night's dinner, I had four strawberries and a small tangerine. They call them "Cuties" around here. My son is obsessed with them. Anyways, after eating both, I swear to Socrates that I felt like I had just shoved a tablespoon of sugar into my mouth. Which is something I totally used to do as a kid. That explains a lot doesn't it?

What I'm hoping this means is that all of this black coffee, no dark chocolate nonsense is actually going to give me a positive result.


By the way, if you are a Whovian, check out The Bloggess today. Not that you don't already check it out everyday like I do, but ya know, just in case. Moving on....

Day 8 - Break it down....
Breakfast: Mushroom & Broccoli Breakfast Casserole (6 eggs, cup of mushrooms, cup and half or whatever of broccolli, 1/2 cup coconut milk, bake 350 till firm. 20 minutes or so? Makes six-ish servings. I dunno, this isn't a cooking blog)

Lunch: Paleo Chicken Burritos - Basically just cauliflower rice, with some shredded chicken, with cumin, chili powder, garlic/onion powder, and paprika dumped on it, all rolled up in a lettuce leaf.Must credit Dave for that one, his idea to mix the cauliflower rice in with the chicken. I also ate handful of grapes, because FRUIT.

Snack: I think I cut myself a little short on the serving size for lunch, because I was starving by the time I got out of work. Ate a handful of almonds.

Crossfit: Some squat work, then worked up to a one rep max on the Squat Snatch 55#. 
WOD - 15 minute AMRAP
300 meter run
8 ring push-up
8 squats
I did the push-ups modified, and ended up completing 5 rounds plus the run. Though I was 5 seconds late on that last run. I don't often do the dramatic flop-on-the-floor-post-WOD-thing, but I did yesterday. I really enjoyed the WOD but it was a killer if you tried to keep up a decent run pace.

Post-workout - Had another small handful of almonds. Don't judge.

Dinner - Spaghetti Squash with Meat sauce. The sauce is store-bought but approved (sorry, need to look up the name) to which I added ground turkey. Check that, Dave added. He cooked last night. Really good stuff.

I wanted another piece of fruit after dinner, but abstained. I'll try not to throw my shoulder out patting myself on the back.

Till tomorrow, here is a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch subtly giving us the finger for no reason.
Well screw you too, buddy. 
(sigh) 
I take it back. I can't stay mad at you Sherlock.






No comments:

Post a Comment