Friday, January 25, 2013

Oh My Gerd! Derdgeball!


The Friday 5:30 class at Crossfit is always a Team WOD, which is always my favorite of the week. But today is even better. Today we're playing Dodgeball and having a cook-out afterwards. From what I gather when you get hit, you're only out for as long as it takes you to do a pre-determined exercise. Then you are back in the game. I'm probably going to suck-ass and end up with a harder workout than a regular WOD, but I still can't wait!

Day 4
Breakfast: You guessed it; bacon, eggs, coffee and banana.

Lunch: Leftover Plantain and Meat Casserole from last night. A cup of grapes and a handful of baby carrots.

Exercise: I work late on Thursdays so don't do Crossfit. After-school, I teach a Fitness Class for elementary-aged kids and then take the aerobics portion (25 minutes) of an adult fitness class immediately afterwards. Boy does that traditional aerobics-type class feel silly (grapevine right and punch!) after having done Crossfit for a bit now. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't get my heart rate up for a bit, which is all I am looking for on Thursdays, really.

Dinner: Super-Tasty-Amazeballs short ribs in the crockpot with steamed broccoli. Here's the recipe I used. Took a wee bit more prep than usual for a crockpot recipe, but so very worth it. I also nommed on a tangerine after dinner while I was doing the laundry. Probably shouldn't have done that. I think I need to keep the fruit down to 2 servings a day, not 3.Probably be even better just to do one, but let's not get crazy here.

Stay strong my Paleo friends and I'll see ya'll on the other side of the weekend...unless I finally get around to that Austin post I keep jawing about.


No comments:

Post a Comment