Friday, February 1, 2013

Putting on the game face.

The Warrior Dash is tomorrow! Yay!!!!!! A ton of folks from Crossfit are going and one of my most favorite human beings in the entire world, Liza, is going as well. Double-Yaaaaaay with a kermit arm flail!

You have no idea Wonka. You have no idea.

This time last year I was so excited, but really sweatin' whether or not I could complete the obstacles. This year, I'm all, "it'll-be-a-piece-of-cake" Hopefully this attitude will not come back to bite me in the ass. Looking at the course I do not think it will. It'll be a great workout I am sure of it, but nothing impossible.After the race, Dave and I and some others from Crossfit are staying at River Ranch, a resort nearby. Being on the Whole30 kinda adds a degree of difficulty to it all in that I'm guessing we are going to have to pack all our own food because the restaurant there is good, but very "diner" in quality. Aaaaaaand we can't drink. Which will be weird to be staying somewhere like that for the night and not drink. At all. Judge if you must, but that is odd for us.

But I have a feeling that the Crossfit crew will be entertaining enough that drinks will not be necessary.

Crap! I just remembered I forgot to practice my Indian Leg Wrestling. Better get crackin'.

*****
Day 11
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, an avocado, bacon, coffee and a banana. I KNOW!

Lunch - Leftover chicken thigh and zucchini from last night with grapes.

Exercise - I just couldn't take the aerobics class at work today, mentally. Just too repetitive and boring. So I went for a 2 mile run outside instead. Much better. Had some almonds/cashews afterwards.

Dinner: Ok, there were some cravings today. First, right after I ate the nuts and then after dinner. Dinner was stew beef with carrots and onions I had tossed in the crockpot in the morning with some broth and spices. I wanted something, but I wasn't sure what. Ok, I knew what I wanted (cupcakes, chocolate, anything like that) but I couldn't figure out what I could actually have that I wanted. I tried an apple but it wasn't crisp enough, I took two bites and gave it to Dave. Grabbed a hard boiled egg, took two bites of that and realized it was way too cold and therefore to me, tasteless. So I gave it to the dog. And at that point said, "Fuck it" the universe is trying to tell me to stop eating. So I did.

And I gotta say, I'm fully recovered (ie: deflated) from Austin and my stomach is the flattest it's pretty much ever been.

So at least I have that going for me......

No comments:

Post a Comment