Friday, August 31, 2012

Banishing the scale


Well, more like putting it in time out. For the past year and half or so I've been a daily weigh-er. I know, I know, a lot of folks disagree with it. For a long time I've felt like I was one of those special people (I'm special, alright) who can use it like the tool it is and not let it adversely effect their outlook on a daily basis. That said, my weight swings wildly throughout the week, especially as I inch closer to goal weight. As a result, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that lately the number on the scale in the morning, most certainly has, at least temporarily, totally been effecting my attitude. My husband called me on it a few weeks ago and he is right. (There ya go, honey. You've got it in writing.)

So I put the scale away. I'll bring it out once a week, of course. Let's not get crazy here. But no more daily weigh-ins for a couple of weeks at least. You see, I hesitate because I feel as if not weighing myself and keeping myself in constant check will result in me ballooning back up again. Immediately. Like...POOF! The rationale mind tells me, "You're still journaling all your food.That is all you need." But the stupid part of my brain clings to the familiar and easy to understand. The stupid part of my brain is going in time out with the scale for awhile.

In other news I got to wear this at work last night. Pajama Time, don't you know.
You are so insanely jealous right now. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment