Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Primal Day in the Life

I'm proud to say stupid TS Isaac did not thwart our plans for a little Crossfitting at home last night. We waded to the Shop and made up our own little routine.
Warm-up
   20 jumping jacks (instead of the quick jog 'cause of the flooding)
   Usual series of active stretches
   3 rounds of 10-5-10 squats/push-ups/sit-ups
Casa de Fuchs WOD
  3 rounds of:
  30 Squat and Tosses with our 10 lb medicine ball (30 each, back and forth to each other)
  50 jumps on our jump ropes.

Short, sweet and sweaty, just hows I like 'em.

And now a quick rundown of what I'm eating today, 'cause I know you care...

Not the prettiest of breakfasts, but it tasted good.

Breakfast was 1/2 an avocado, Jimmy Dean Turkey Links, and one egg scrambled (using coconut oil) with spinach. The eggs are from my own chickens. That's about as Primal as you can get. Go, me! The Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage links, not so perfectly primal. They're cool in that they are all protein, but some may argue to the fact that they are mass produced and I'm sure there is a bit of sugar in them. But for my personal Primal Plan they are included. So there.

Some day I'll learn to take pretty blog-food pics, like the cool bloggers. But for now we'll go with gritty realism.

So what we're looking at here is a Red Delicious apple. I really wish I could branch out more into other types but RDs really are the only ones I like at all. The bag o' nuts are a 1/2 cup of pistachios. They make me happy. The weird thing is that I only discovered I liked them a few months ago. I swear I've had the palate of a four year old most of my life. The mess in the container is a Primal Shepard's Pie that is AMAZEBALLS. Here's the recipe. I kid you not when I say that it is every bit as good as any other Shepard's Pie I have EVER had. And I'm a bit of a Shepard's Pie connoisseur, my friends. Of course, the only real difference is that we're using Mashed Cauliflower instead of Mashed Potatoes. If you've been on the Healthy Train for any time at all then you already know about the magical illusionary powers of cauliflower. For the record, Blogger seems to think that illusionary is not a word. But dictionary.com disagrees. Suck it, Blogger. Anydistraction, whether you are into the Primal thing or not, try the Primal Shepard's Pie, you will not regret it.

Moving on.....


This is a very boring picture. I apologize.

I like to have a snack on the way home from work. I find that 3:00 is too early, and once I get home it is too late. Today it is carrots and turkey jerky. Say "turkey jerky" out loud. No, really. I'll wait. Tell me that didn't make you smile. Anyturkyjerky, I often have macadamias or pistachios, depending on whether or not I had them at lunch, as my commute snack. But Dave brought home a bunch of Jerky the other day, so why not?

Dinner tonight will be steamed asparagus and a crockpot Rump Roast dish courtesy of the lovely Julie at Paleomg.com. It's supposed to look like this when it is done:

Some how I sincerely doubt mine will be that pretty.

So my Jerky Turkeys, that is shaping up to be what will be going in my mouth-hole today. I hope only good things find their way to your's as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment