Monday, April 1, 2013

The REALLY TMI Post

Warning: This post is about sex. If you are related to me in anyway or suffer from delicate sensibilities click away now.



Seriously. I warned you.

Still here? Good. I knew we were friends for a reason.

This is something I think I need to share. Not because I wanted to brag (ok fine, maybe a little). But because (and I hate how opposite-of-humble this sounds) I know there are friends who read this blog and sometimes get a wee bit of inspiration from it regarding their own health/fitness endeavors. As do I from countless other health/fitness bloggers. I think it's important to share all of the positive outcomes of our efforts, not just the aesthetic ones. So here goes...

Dave and I have been f%&$ing like rabbits lately.

And I am getting uhm...intrigued by uh...things and situations at a frequency on par with that of a thirteen year old boy. Not at the same kind of stimuli, mind you....but you get my drift.

Though if you are interested, this is what gave me a ladyboner when I was thirteen.

Why is this such a big deal, you ask? Because for years, and I mean years my libido has been crap. Like (I think) a lot of women, as I got older and of course being in a long-term relationship, I found myself wanting to want to. And if I made a conscious effort to uh, get into it, I could. But those spontaneous ladyboners thinking about your partner? Or the butterflies in the nether regions when he/she pulled you in for a quick kiss?

Nope. Nothing. Dead. Seriously, it had been so long since I'd gotten that flutter when we weren't already "into it" I figured it was just a permanent thing of the past. A part of getting older, if you will.

So why all of a sudden, am I hornier than brass band on Flag Day? Well, first off it's not been all of a sudden, but a gradual ramp up over the past few months. I can't say it's just the weight-loss and ensuing confidence building because I lost the bulk of the weight a year ago. Sure, I felt better and sexier, but there was no physical change, as there is now. Is it just the Paleo? I don't think so, as we started that back over the summer. However, we didn't start getting serious with the Crossfit until October. If I had to put money on one cause over another I think it's the Crossfit. I've done a little poking around the Googles, and I think perhaps the lifting involved with Crossfit may be affecting my hormone levels in a wonderful way.



Either way, I'm not on any new medications or changes in dosage, etc. I'm simply lifting heavier (as I can) and eating cleaner. As a result our sex life is literally what it was like when we first started dating. I'm not kidding. And I don't think I need to tell you how beneficial a great sex life is for a marriage or partnership. Let's just say the goodwill seems to bleed into every other facet of our relationship as well. It is a good great thing.

So why share that? Because  if you are woman like me who thought that that kind of passion was in your past, I really want you to know it might not be. Eat clean and lift and maybe you too can see sex, not as another chore you have to get done as a wife/partner, but the awesomely fun thing it truly is.

In other words, if feeling stronger, more energy, sleeping sounder, better skin, knowing you're making yourself better for the long term and looking sexier isn't enough....maybe knowing that you too could feel like a newlywed again might convince you to start taking better care of yourself.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go text my husband.

What? It's just a To-Do list.


No comments:

Post a Comment