Monday, April 8, 2013

I got nothin'

I didn't want to let down my adoring readers (all two of you) by not doing my weekly post today. However, I don't feel like I have anything interesting to share, not that has ever stopped me, so here goes...

Dave's been away for a week and as I suspected I'm having a hard time not eating crap when he is away. I'm about eleven pounds heavier than I'd like to be, I've had a low grade cold a/o bad allergies for the past week and in general am not in the best of moods. I badly want to Crossfit tonight, but I really feel as if my body is more in need of quality food and rest more than a workout. We're leaving for a motorcycle trip to North Georgia in a little more than a week and I have to kick this before then.

Last night, I did get my act together enough to make a bunch of Primal Shepard's Pie. Enough, in fact, that I'll probably be sharing it with co-workers since I also left (Paleo) Enchilada Chicken in the crockpot this morning. So I got that going for me.

So in the interest of not whining my way through this entire post, let's talk about the things that are making me smile lately.

This guy.

Who I seriously miss. I mean, I've always missed him when he's gone away on a trip or something. But things have been so great lately, that I really miss him. And not just in the biblical sense. That too. But not just that. And I don't mean to imply we were having rough times previously either...it's just..well, store bought apple pie out of the fridge is great. But homemade apple pie straight out of the oven with real vanilla ice cream is even better. I'm not sure I know where I'm going with that analogy. But the point is: he rocks.

Also this guy.
Unnnf.

I'm on season two of Torchwood and I can't help but fall more in love with Capt Jack with each episode. And if I haven't made it clear already, I totally get now why guys think two hot girls kissing is hot. (Because, HOT) But guys....MEN. Like Captain Jack and uh, Captain Jack. And Captain Jack and Captain Hart. I haven't even gotten into the real Ianto episodes yet.  Not that I have anything against two girls kissing. Hell, I'll watch two good looking people of any sex (and combination there of) get busy...but I digress.

Barrowman, bless his sweet sexy soul, is the gift that just keeps giving. When it comes to making his fans happy, the dude gets it. His twitter @Team_Barrowman is a delightful peek into his life; with pics of his dogs, his co-workers, his husband and lots and lots of selfies. Most are goofy, self-deprecating shots, but God love him, he also posts the occasional pic of him in bed, or about to go out on the town, etc. He knows what we want, and he's not afraid to give it to us. Thank you, JB for being you.

Reddit.com
If you're here, you've probably been there. But in case you haven't, know that the front page of Reddit is all that is beautiful and horrible in this world. When they say NSFW, they mean it. Don't say I didn't warn you. But I learn new things all the time via it's links. I also get to goggle young men. Ladies, check out the LadybonersGW (stands for Gone Wild) subreddit. You won't be disappointed.

Most of the pics look like this..minus the sports bra and boobs. But also abs, and sometimes penis.
Pic in honor of the SEAK Foundation's Sport Bra Challenge. 
Check out that "been eating sugar/grains" all weekend belly, my friends!

Lastly, Crossfit.

Yup, even recently when I feel like a big, fat, paleo phony for having too many cheats, doing a WOD still makes me feel like a badass and that I'm not a total failure. 'Nuff said.

Hey! Look at that! I managed to pull a post out of my ass after all. As my Daddy always says, "If you can't dazzle'em with knowledge, baffle'em with bullshit."

I know. We're a classy group.

No comments:

Post a Comment