Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Progress, Not Perfection (Days 3-7)

This post's title pretty much sums up the weekend. Was I the picture of virtuous choices?


Did I stay within my macros?
Yes.
And for now, good enough. It's the first weekend in a long-ass time that I can say that I kept within my macros. So we're going to call that a success. "Success" will assuredly be getting redefined as we go, but for now...so far, so good.

In other news, do you know how much I love going to the gym on Saturdays?


I rarely do, but so enjoy it when I have the opportunity. Not that there aren't more exciting things to do on a Saturday morning, but if it's one of those days when all of my humans are busy doing other things, a chance to workout without having to watch the clock feels soooooo decadent. It also tends to be quieter too, so I don't have to wait for equipment which is also nice. Now if only I would remember not to do leg day when I ride my behemoth of a bike to the gym.

 I feel oddly vindicated that I found more than one 
motorcycle/leg day meme on google images.

Aside from all that, the last few days were full of football, football and more football. My best friend Will, coaches a HS team so Holden and I went to watch Friday night. Saturday I joined him and Summer to watch the Gator game, and then Sunday joined him and our friend Cindy to watch the 49ers. I don't think I've ever watched so much football in one three day period. And it seems the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. I do appreciate that Will always tries to give me the benefit of the doubt, despite being someone who hasn't watched much since college.

 What's not to love?

A typical conversation between us:
Will: OMG I can't believe the receivers just ran that curl and a delayed fly for a great hook and ladder. Can you?
Me: (Blank stare) No?
Will: You didn't understand a word I just said, did you?
Me: I know what those words mean. But not in that order.

He's a patient man.

No comments:

Post a Comment