Sunday, October 14, 2012

Trust me! It'll look awesome, I saw it on Pinterest.

So this is what my bathroom looks like right now:



The husband is very concerned.

We've pretty much been letting our crappy little house get crappier and crappier under the delusion that we're going to build a new one in the future. Therefore why sink money into something that in a matter of years is quite literally going to be torn down? But Dave and I started talking about it and we both had to come to terms with the fact that if we want to continue living the sort of lifestyle we have been, we just can't afford to build a new house. Not for a VERY long time anyways. And that is O.K....I'd much rather have my toys and vacations and continue to invest for our retirement etc vs having a big (ok, normal sized) new house, but then be too strapped to do anything outside of it. Call me odd, but a "nice" house is just not a priority to me.

That said, there are somethings we could do that won't break the bank that would make the house more presentable. So from this point on, we are going to start working on those little projects between all the other stuff we have going on. It's going to take quite awhile, but that's ok. Rome wasn't built in a day nor are 1950s cracker homes Pinterest-ified in...a day...or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment